Engineering & Public Works
Several organizations provide utility services to the City of Maywood. Please contact them directly in the event of an emergency. If they do not answer, please contact
East Los Angeles Sheriff's Station.
Phone: 323-264-4151 or 911
5019 E 3 Street
East Los Angeles CA. 90022
The Engineering Department is responsible for the design, inspection, and administration of public works improvements within the City. The department handles most engineering needs through BPR Consulting Group; including design, field survey and construction inspection.
Land Development Activities
- Certification and final review of public improvements
- Construction inspection
- Drafting of development agreements
- Plan review
- Enforcement of erosion control standards
- Landfill closures
- Preservation of wetlands and flood plains.
- Site remediation
- Storm water management
Other Department Functions
- Intersection capacities and conditions
- Road capacities and conditions
- Traffic safety
Local Road Safety Plan (LRSP)
The Local Roadway Safety Plan (LRSP) was created by Maywood to help provide a framework in order to identify, analyze, and develop traffic safety enhancements on the City's roadway network. The LRSP report helps identify and emphasize areas that will in turn help inform and continue to guide safety evaluations.
The LRSP also analyzes collision data that helps identify high-crash locations, high-risk locations, and citywide trends and patterns. Please answer the questions below.
The project timeline can be found below.
- 2019 Maywood Industrial Wastewater Permit Application (PDF)
- City of Maywood Speed Hump Policy (PDF)
- Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Program Brochure English (PDF)
- Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Program Brochure Spanish (PDF)
- FSE Brochure_English
- FSE Brochure_Spanish
- Industrial Commercial Facility Inspection Form - Cover
- Industrial Commercial Facility Inspection Form - FOG
- Inspection Notification Letter - signed
- Inspection Notification Letter (Spanish) - signed
- Maywood - Local Roadway Safety Plan
- Maywood - Pavement Management Plan
- Ordinance No 18-07 Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) (PDF)
- Residential FOG Brochure_English