MTA Bus Pass Subsidy Program
Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Bus Passes
The City of Maywood offers its reduced rate discounted (MTA) bus program passes for residents who are 62 years of age or older and Person with Disabilities. These are the same passes you can purchase directly from (MTA) but at a dramatically discounted rate offered to our residents. The inexpensive boarding pass is a monthly (MTA) pass.
To receive a discounted (MTA) boarding pass, eligible residents of the City of Maywood must present their current Department of Motor Vehicles driver’s license or photo identification (ID). Additionally, a current proof-of-residency is required whenever purchasing a reduced-rate boarding pass.
- The boarding passes are sold for $4.00 for 30 days. Seniors, you must provide valid identification (ID) and proof of residency
- For disabled residents, you must present your disabled identification issued by the MTA and proof of residency
- MTA boarding passes are sold at the beginning of the 25th of each month. The sale ends on the 10th of the following month.
Other acceptable forms of residence identifications are followed:
- Current utility bill
- Current vehicle registration
- School mail addressed to resident’s home and the resident’s name
- Other current bills that include name and address
For additional bus route information, please visit the Metro Schedules.
Qualifying older adults and Persons with Disabilities of the City of Maywood interested in applying for a Senior Tap card or Disabled Tap card should visit the following local transit agencies.
Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw East Los Angeles
3650 W Martin Luther King Bl 4501-B Whittier Bl
Ste 189 Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA Tuesday-Saturday,
Tuesday-Saturday, 10 am-6 pm
Union Station East Wilshire/Vermont
One Gateway Plaza 3183 Wilshire Bl
Los Angeles, CA Ste 174
Monday-Friday, Los Angeles, CA
Check with your local transit agency to see if you qualify according to the guidelines. For additional information and application, please visit Metro Tap Card Application.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, City Hall will limit the residents entering the building.
For more information, please contact City Hall at 323-562-5700 or by email at email@example.com.