The City Council has adopted Ordinance No. 23-07 Establishing Rent Stabilization Regulations, which became effective on September 22, 2023.
- Property Owners can register their rental units by clicking here.
A Rent Stabilization Town Hall Meeting for tenants/landlords was held on September 19, 2023. The Town Hall meeting presentation has been made available for download here.
- The Rental Registry will be made available on November 21. This year (2023) the maximum rent increase will be 3.8%
- On June 28, 2023, the City Council approved Urgency Ordinance No. 23-06-U imposing a Temporary Moratorium on No-Fault Substantial Remodel Evictions
- Subsequently, Urgency Ordinance No. 23-10 was passed to amend and extend the ordinance to November 30, 2023.
- City Council is considering Ordinance No. 23-11, amending in its entirety Chapter 17 of Title 8 of the Maywood Municipal Code Regarding Tenants Protections.
Housing Rights Center
The mission of the Housing Rights Center (HRC) is to actively support and promote fair housing through education, advocacy and litigation, to the end that all persons have the opportunity to secure the housing they desire and can afford.
Housing Rights Hotline:
Housing Rights Website: https://www.housingrightscenter.org/
Stay Housed LA
Stay Housed LA provides free or low-cost legal aid in eviction cases in Los Angeles County. Visit www.stayhousedla.org or call 1-888-694-0040 as soon as you receive a notice (warning) from the landlord.
Tenant Power Toolkit
The Tenant Power Toolkit is a free online tool that helps California tenants respond to an Unlawful Detainer (eviction). It is a collaborative effort by The Debt Collective, The LA Tenants Union, The Anti-Eviction Mapping Project, anti-eviction lawyers, and legal service providers.
California Court Self-Help Centers
The California courts offer guidance and assistance in filling out legal forms, find your local Self-Help Center for more information.