Tobacco Retail License
Effective February 1, 2008, all tobacco retailers in the City of Maywood are required to obtain a local Tobacco Retail License to sell tobacco products.
- Maywood Municipal Code was amended in August 2006 by Ordinance Number 06-531, to add regulations requiring all tobacco retailers to possess a local (City) tobacco license, to prevent illegal tobacco sales to minors.
- On January 22, 2008, the Maywood City Council set the Tobacco Retailer License Fee at $46 per year for new licenses and $11.50 per year for license renewals, effective February 1, 2008.
- All Tobacco Retailers must apply for and obtain a Tobacco Retail License from the City by April 1, 2008. (The renewal due date for future years will be December 31st, to coincide with the regular business license renewal period.)
- The City of Maywood's Tobacco Retail License is separate from, and in addition to, the Maywood Business License and State of California tobacco fee. Obtaining a Tobacco Retail License in the City of Maywood does not exempt a tobacco retailer from any applicable State or other local requirements.
- Tobacco Retail Licenses can be obtained by submitting a Tobacco Retail License Application and paying $46 in the initial year to the City of Maywood by April 1, 2008. The Tobacco License Application can be obtained from the Maywood Finance Department by calling 323-526-5700 or downloaded from the city's website.
- Effective April 1, 2008, fines and legal actions may be imposed on tobacco retailers operating within the City of Maywood without a valid Maywood Tobacco Retail License.
If you have questions regarding the Maywood Tobacco License fee, please call the Finance Department at 323-562-5704. We are here to serve you!