Lead Free Homes LA (LFHLA)
Lead Free Homes LA (LFHLA) is a free program that removes lead paint hazards from eligible homes. This program is part of the L.A. County Department of Public Health and the L.A. County Development Authority (LACDA). You may visit the LFHLA website here, or see the attached flyer for more information on the eligibility requirements and abatement process.
What is the purpose of LFLHA?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the Los Angeles County Development Authority provides lead paint hazard remediation services to eligible homeowners, property owners, and tenants across LA County to eliminate lead paint hazards in your home, as well as other related home repairs.
Information on Lead Free Homes LA
- Licensed and bonded professionals conduct lead paint testing and remediation procedures.
- There are no costs for tenants, landlords, homeowners. All services are free.
- LFHLA will remove all lead paint hazards from inside and outside your home.
- Program staff who speak languages other than English are available throughout the entire process.
- Direct contact with your inspector is available for any questions.
- Repairs can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks (2 to 10 days). This all depends on the size of your home and the amount of lead paint hazards found in your home.
- A final inspection will conducted once the completed repairs are done and are ready to review. The final inspection ensures that the quality of work and repairs were all done properly.
- Submit your Application
- Schedule an Appointment
- Home Assessment
- Relocation Arrangements
- Repair Day
- Final Inspection