Business Waste & Recycling
All Business located in the City of Maywood must fill out the Business Waste & Recycling Confirmation form when submitting Business License application.
Information on disposing of Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste can be obtained by calling:
1-888-Clean-LA or 1-800-238-0172. You can also dispose of used motor oil at more then 600 oil recycling centers in Los Angeles County. For a complete lisiting call: 1-888-Clean-LA.
Exclusive Waste Hauler: Commercial Waste Services
Toll Free: (833)449-2783
Commercial and Multi-Family Recycling
Commercial and multi-family properties will also be offered additional services including recycling and organics collection.
*Please note that accounts with service of four (4) cubic yards or more of waste are required by the State to recycle (AB 341) and have an organics waste program (AB 1826). Commercial Waste Services will be contacting mandated customers to set up these programs. Customers, who have their own existing program or use third party vendors, must fill out to attached Self Certification form to obtain an exemption. Please contact Commercial Waste Serviced at 833-449-2783 for further information. In addition, if CDS has not picked up your bin, only use your new bin when you receive it.*
Mandatory Commercial Recycling Law
With the passage of AB 341 (Chapter 476, Statutes of 2011 [Chesbro, AB 341]). California is one of the first states in the nation to enact a statewide program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by diverting commercial solid waste from landfills.
- State mandatory recycling for businesses and multi-family properties began July 1,2012.
- AB 341 requires all businesses that generate 4 or more cubic yards of waste weekly and apartment communities/multi-family housing with 5 or more units to recycle.
- Recycling helps conserve resources and extents the life of California's landfills. It also helps create a healthy environment for our community and future generations. For more information about the California's mandatory recycling law, AB 314, visit CalRecycle at www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Recycle/Commercial/default.htm
Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling Law
In 2014, AB 1826 Chesbro (Chapter 727, Statutes of 2014) was signed into law, requiring businesses, including apartment communities/multi-family housing with 5 or more units, to recycle organic waste based on the amount of waste generated each week.* Organic Waste includes food waste, green waste, landscape and pruning waste, nonhazardous wood waste, and food-soiled paper.
- Businesses and multi-family housing units generating 8 cubic yards or more of organic waste per week were required to have organics recycling in place by April 1, 2016.
- Businesses and multi-family housing units generating 4 cubic yards of organic waste per week must arrange to recycle their organics by January 1, 2017.
- Businesses and multi-family housing units generating 4 cubic yards of solid waste per week must arrange to recycle their organics by January 1, 2019
*Note: Multi-family housing units are not required to have food waste diversion program, but must recycle green/landscaping waste.
For more information about the California's mandatory organics recycling law, visit CalRecycle at http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/recycle/commercial/organics/
Additional Commercial Services
Bulky item pickup is available to commercial business. If you would like to find out more, please call our customer service department at (833)449-2783 .