Garage or Yard Sales & Permit Information
GARAGE and/or YARD SALE PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
The City of Maywood requires that every resident obtain a permit prior to commencing their garage and/or yard sale.
1. Garage and/or yard sales are only allowed on a quarterly basis on the third Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the month (see 2019 schedule in red below).
2. Each residential unit address can obtain no more than four (4) permits per calendar year.
3. The cost of the quarterly permit is fifteen dollars ($15.00) each . THIS PERMIT IS VALID FOR NO MORE THAN THREE (3) DAYS.
4. If you are a tenant, you must provide written permission to host a garage and/or yard sale from the owner/property management company when applying for your permit. Your permit will NOT be issued without written consent from the property owner/property manager, no exceptions will be made.
5. The deadline to obtain a permit is by 4:00 p.m. on Friday of the garage and/or yard sale weekend. (Feb. 15, May 17, Aug. 16 and Nov. 15)
6. Only cash, credit or debit cards are accepted at Maywood City Hall.
7. For expedited service, you may print and fill out the permit application prior to your arrival. CLICK HERE: Yard Sale Application
CHAPTER 25 (SALES OF PERSONAL PROPERTY IN RESIDENTIAL ZONES) YARD SALE ORDINANCE
RESOLUTION #5365 Resolution No 5365